Hello My Lovelies!
I recently finished reading Harry Potter and The Cursed Child.:
The first half of this will be spoiler free the second half.. not so much… And I will make sure you know when to “X” out if you don’t want anything to be spoiled!
Okay first some spoiler free things about what I did and didn’t like about it.
Things I did like:
1. It was in script form which was pretty cool and easy to read
2. It’s a Harry Potter book so um.. obviously its amazing
3. Scorpious Malfoy. I just love everything about him.
4. It was very surprising and unexpected in many different ways
5. THEY MADE A JOKE ABOUT VOLDEMORT NOT HAVING A NOSE!!!!
Things I didn’t like:
1. It seemed very fan fiction like. As if a fan had written and not J.K. Rowling.
(I have a theory about the last one. J.K. Rowling wrote Scorpious and the other two others wrote EVERYTHING else)
2. No one really knows who the cursed child REALLY is. I mean some people think it’s obvious but others put like A LOT of thought into it and think it could be a few different people.
3. It felt very rushed
4. Some important people weren’t in the book like at all..
5. I starts off pretty bad and then gets worse. It gets better in the end but a lot of it wasn’t that amazing.
Overall I did like it, but it was also a little disappointing..
Advice from me to you:
- I would recommend reading it, but wait until its cheaper. I borrowed my friends copy to see if I wanted to get it, and I do! Just not for $30..
2. If you just finished reading the series for the first time ever, I’d recommend waiting 3 months to a year, just to let everything settle in your mind and soul before reading the cursed child if you get what i mean.
3. Don’t be expecting too much.
Now the spoilers start.
DO NOT PAST THIS POINT
I REPEAT. IF YOU DON’T WANT TO REGRET HAVING THE BOOK SPOILED GET. OUT.
WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE? DO YOU KNOW THE RISK YOUR TAKING!
IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED THE ENTIRE I REPEAT THE ENTIRE BOOK, LEAVE.
YOU WILL REGRET YOUR EXISTENCE IF YOU CONTINUE READING AND YOU HAVEN’T FINISHED THE BOOK.
Now that we got rid of all the people who were about to make and AWFUL decision let us continue.
Just a spoiler safety precaution. 🙂
Okay. So first.
There were some people who were like missing, like for example.
LUNA FREAKING LOVEGOOD!!
Like where was she!!
And how come Rose was the only important Weasley-Granger child? What about Hugo?! He was mentioned like twice and didn’t have A SINGLE LINE. Like what.
And Neville and Hagrid, they are mentioned but like at least Neville should have been there more..
Okay, next topic. Delphi.
I never liked her very much to begin with and there are some confusing things about her.
- SHE IS VOLDEMORT AND BELLATRIX’S KID. LIKE WHERE DID THAT COME FROM? ITS JUST VERY RANDOM, AND BELLATRIX WAS MARRIED.. I didn’t even know Voldemort was capable of having children? Doesn’t that require at least some sort of love? Like I thought he wasn’t capable of loving anything/anyone..
2. The Augurey. I know what they are, because I read Fantastic Beasts and where to Find Them, but the book just kind of assumed that you knew what they were. They are black and green birds that have an awful cry that wizards used to think meant that you were going to die, but it actually meant it was going to rain soon.
3. Is Delphi the cursed child? A lot of people think it is obvious that Albus is the cursed child and I’m pretty sure it is him too. But some people think that because it is so obvious, it actually isn’t him, and its Delphi. I don’t think its Scorpious or Cedric either because it Harry Potter AND the cursed child and Harry is never really with either of them a lot.. And some people think that the cursed child is the young Harry, since everything kind of led up to the fact that Harry had to become like cursed by Voldemort, and I get that but i don’t really think its Harry, but you never know? I think it’s either Albus, Harry or Delphi. But Delphi is never portrayed as a child, and I think is more of the curse itself and not the cursed child.. if that makes sense. So yeah I think the cursed child is Albus, and the curse/ black cloud thing is Delphi.
Lastly for the cover.
At first glance it looks like Albus is sitting in a snitch, but Quidditch isn’t really in the book at all so.. that doesn’t make sense.
My theory is that He’s sitting in an Augurey nest, and The wings are Delphi’s Augurey wings! Like Albus looks up to Delphi at first like a baby bird and then she turns out to be evil. It makes sense to me. What do you think?
I could talk about this books for quite a much longer time, but this is all for today!
Did you like the book?